Preparing Spanish-speaking children with superior dual language education.
Volunteer to provide childcare for parent workshops
Care for infants and toddlers of parents who are trying to maintain their focus in parent meetings. El Nido, The Nest, is the room set up for this care. Requires patience with separation anxiety, fondness for playing, cuddling, rocking, singing, etc., minimal training involved. Volunteers are encouraged to come regularly to help build a connection with the children, but any commitment is appreciated. Volunteer are needed for:
- Thursdays 8:45AM – 10:15AM and 12:50PM – 2:15PM (during literacy & book club)
- Fridays, 8:45AM -10:45AM and 12:50PM – 2:45PM (during Parent workshop)
To sign up, please email Mercy Star, Mercy@bilingualpreschool.org
Voluntarios para cuidado de niños durante las clases para padres
Cuidado de bebes y niños pequeños de los padres que atienden las diferentes clases que ofrecemos. “El Nido” es el salón destinado para esto. Requiere paciencia por la ansiedad de separación, gusto por el juego, abrazar, balancear, cantar, etc., entrenamiento mínimo involucrado.
Se pide que los voluntarios vengan regularmente, para ayudar a construir una conexión, pero apreciamos cualquier cantidad de tiempo que usted pueda dedicarles. Los voluntarios se necesitan en los siguientes horarios:
- Los Jueves de 8:45AM a 10:15 y de 12:50 PM a 2:15 PM (durante Alfabetización y Club de Lectura)
- Los Viernes de 8:45AM a 10:45AM y de 12:50PM a 2:45PM (durante las clases generals para Padres.)
Para inscribirse o solicitar mas información llame o mande un correo electrónico a Mercy Star, Mercy@bilingualpreschool.org
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool needs your time and talent! We have lots of volunteer opportunities with a wide range of time commitments and skill levels. If you would like to volunteer, please email us.
- Babysit for children as their parents attend classes in the Parent Program. Time commitment: 1hr minimum – 2 hours maximum per session, 8:30 – 11 am and 1:00 – 4:30 pm MWF (recurring – weekly preferred.)
- Tutor a parent in English language. Skills: teaching experience preferred. Time commitment: 1.5 hours, 1x/week.
- Read to a child.
- Substitute in the classroom. Time commitment: 4 hours. Skills: teaching experience.
- Help sanitize toys in the classroom: 1 hour (monthly.)
- Assist in classroom (reading, conducting small group activities, math, literacy). This is mostly engaging with children while they’re doing any activity. If children are coloring or playing with blocks, that’s what a volunteer can also do, or if a child wants to read a book, that’ll be the activity: 1 hour (ongoing – weekly preferred.)
- Assist teachers organizing materials: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Assist teachers preparing materials, cutting, laminating: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Volunteer during events – math fair, science fair, book fair, international fair: 1 hour.
- Assist on field trips: 2 hours.
Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE)
- Weed: 1 hr. 1x/week.
- Translate documents when needed: Skills: demonstrated experience with Spanish-English translation.
- General office assistance: photocopying, filing, etc.: 1 hr. minimum (ongoing – preferably between 10 am-12 pm Wednesday -Friday and 1:30-3:00 Wednesday & Thursday.)