Preparing Spanish-speaking children with superior dual language education.
Volunteer Your Time With Us
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool needs your time and talent! We have lots of volunteer opportunities with a wide range of time commitments and skill levels. If you would like to volunteer, please email us.
- Babysit for children as their parents attend classes in the Parent Program. Time commitment: 1hr minimum – 2 hours maximum per session, 8:30 – 11 am and 1:00 – 4:30 pm MWF (recurring – weekly preferred.)
- Tutor a parent in English language. Skills: teaching experience preferred. Time commitment: 1.5 hours, 1x/week.
- Read to a child.
- Substitute in the classroom. Time commitment: 4 hours. Skills: teaching experience.
- Help sanitize toys in the classroom: 1 hour (monthly.)
- Assist in classroom (reading, conducting small group activities, math, literacy). This is mostly engaging with children while they’re doing any activity. If children are coloring or playing with blocks, that’s what a volunteer can also do, or if a child wants to read a book, that’ll be the activity: 1 hour (ongoing – weekly preferred.)
- Assist teachers organizing materials: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Assist teachers preparing materials, cutting, laminating: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Volunteer during events – math fair, science fair, book fair, international fair: 1 hour.
- Assist on field trips: 2 hours.
Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE)
- Weed: 1 hr. 1x/week.
- Translate documents when needed: Skills: demonstrated experience with Spanish-English translation.
- General office assistance: photocopying, filing, etc.: 1 hr. minimum (ongoing – preferably between 10 am-12 pm Wednesday -Friday and 1:30-3:00 Wednesday & Thursday.)