Preparing Spanish-speaking children with superior dual language education.
Click below to donate online using a credit card or account transfer. It is very simple and it will take you 2 minutes.
The below button will take you to an external secure website to collect all your information.
Mail a Check
Make the check payable to:
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool
6300 Highland Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28215
We will send you a letter of acknowledgement which you can use for tax deduction purposes.
We accept gifts of stock. Our brokerage acct # is 7651-4360 and our DTC # is 0141. Please let us know you’ve made a transfer so we can thank you properly. If you have any questions, please contact Banu Valladares, Executive Director.
Give While You Shop
Your shopping makes a difference. Link your Amazon purchases and Amazon donates to Charlotte Bilingual Preschool.
When you shop Harris Teeter brands, a percentage of your purchase is donated to the school that your VIC card is linked to.
Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to #5459
How to Shop Our Amazon Wish List:
1. Log in to your Amazon account
2. Go to “Lists” and click on “Your Lists”
3. Click on “Your Friends” and search for “Charlotte Bilingual Preschool”
4. Click on “Charlotte Bilingual Preschool” and view our list. Add any items you would like to purchase for us to your cart
5. When checking out, it will show you “Other Addresses” to deliver to below your typical shipping address options. Click on “Charlotte Bilingual Preschool, Charlotte, NC” address, then continue with check out.
Volunteer Your Time With Us
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool needs your time and talent! We have lots of volunteer opportunities with a wide range of time commitments and skill levels. If you would like to volunteer, please email us.
- Babysit for children as their parents attend classes in the Parent Program. Time commitment: 1hr minimum – 2 hours maximum per session, 8:30 – 11 am and 1:00 – 4:30 pm MWF (recurring – weekly preferred.)
- Tutor a parent in English language. Skills: teaching experience preferred. Time commitment: 1.5 hours, 1x/week.
- Read to a child.
- Substitute in the classroom. Time commitment: 4 hours. Skills: teaching experience.
- Help sanitize toys in the classroom: 1 hour (monthly.)
- Assist in classroom (reading, conducting small group activities, math, literacy). This is mostly engaging with children while they’re doing any activity. If children are coloring or playing with blocks, that’s what a volunteer can also do, or if a child wants to read a book, that’ll be the activity: 1 hour (ongoing – weekly preferred.)
- Assist teachers organizing materials: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Assist teachers preparing materials, cutting, laminating: 30 minutes – 1 hour (ongoing.)
- Volunteer during events – math fair, science fair, book fair, international fair: 1 hour.
- Assist on field trips: 2 hours.
Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE)
- Weed: 1 hr. 1x/week.
- Translate documents when needed: Skills: demonstrated experience with Spanish-English translation.
- General office assistance: photocopying, filing, etc.: 1 hr. minimum (ongoing – preferably between 10 am-12 pm Wednesday -Friday and 1:30-3:00 Wednesday & Thursday.)
Support Our Students & Families
Every dollar invested in quality early childhood education produces a 7-10% per annum return in better health, social, and economic outcomes.
– James Heckman, Nobel Laureate in Economics
Your financial support makes our work possible.
More than 90% of our students attain the developmental skills necessary to succeed. Our children enter Kindergarten ready to learn, grow and achieve!